Welcome one and all to
Role up role up, welcome freshers to the area set
aside just for you (and aint it nice!) If you're wondering what surfing is
all about or just looking to join up read on:
The easiest way is to join at the fresher's bazaar but you can:
- E-mail us and ask if you can join : QUBSurf@hotmail.com
- We'll arrange to meet you and sort out the details...
- Or turn up at a meeting and sign on there instead
Usually thursday each week in the conference room (top floor in the union)
at 7.30, followed by light refreshment in the bunatee afterwards. Check the
notice board behind the porter's office for details.
- Join the Surf Club and receive years of enjoyment remembering how you
just escaped frostbite in your internal organs.
- 50% back on all travel and equipment hire costs. All you have to do is
keep your receipt and our generous Club Treasurer will refund you the cash.
You probably wont have to hire anything anyway because we've got loads of
club equipment that you can try out...bodyboards, surfboards and wetsuits.
So if you want it CHEAP then borrow of us to see if you like it before you
dig into your beermoney.
- Half of all Petrol costs are paid for from the club funds and the rest
made up by the passengers of the car / bus / hippy van / motorcycle(?) / whatever
we can find to get us to the coast. This means of course that CAR DRIVERS
GO FREE as an incentive for them to take the rest of us pedestrian scum to
- You'll also get discount in local surf shops and anywhere else you can
blag a few quid off by flashing your membership card.
- We do lots of exciting things that are too interesting to mention here
in case you fall off your chair and damage your expensive computer in the
For 3 pounds you COULD get a big-mac meal....